BBC America Roku: An overview of shows and packages
The joint venture between BBC studios and AMC Networks gave birth to the BBC America channel. Available in the Roku channel store, the BBC America Roku channel contains some popular shows like Doctor Who and Top Gear. Stream the shows on your Roku player by activating the channel through the BBCAmerica/activate process.
Captivating shows on the BBC America Roku App
Killing Eve – Two mutually obsessive MI5 secret agents compete against each other to finish the tasks given unto them.
The Last Kingdom – The British epic is about an ancient war between the Danes and the English men. The Danes capture a young boy, Uhtred, the successor to a British Earldom and use him against the Britons.
Orphan Black – Sarah watches a girl who resembles her, die at a subway station. On an impulse, she steals her dead doppelganger’s identity only to find herself at the vortex of a conspiracy.
QI – QI, the inverse of IQ, is a British game show which began in 2015. The quirky host Toksvig bring in four writers or comedians each episode and then asks them vague and murky questions. The one who provides answers that suit, whether right or wrong, Toksvig’s humour is the winner.
Broadchruch – The mystery crime-drama series reveals the secrets behind the murder of a young boy in a calm and peaceful coastal town.
Top Gear – Which car do you think the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport or the Koenigsegg Agera R would win in a quarter mile race? Take a tour of the manufacturers unit and also, know what differentiates the cars from passionate car enthusiasts.
The Musketeers – The classic novel by Alexandre Dumas, ‘The Three Musketeers’ serves as the base for this show. Watch how the loyal Musketeers vow to protect their King from dangers near and far.
Top Gear America – Top Gear re-invents the show for the United States which talks about the countries’ contribution to the automotive world. The hosts are professional racers who test drive the newest version of cars in the most revered tracks.
Activating BBC America Roku app on your streaming player
- Attach the Roku streaming stick to the HDMI port of your TV or use HDMI cables in case of the Roku player. This cable should support a high-speed connection and your TV’s HDMI must concord with the HDCP guidelines.
- Make the necessary network connection depending on the type of Roku player in your possession. The streaming sticks connect only over a wireless networks whereas some Roku players connect via an Ethernet cable too.
- Move on to the ‘Movies and TV Channels’ category from the ‘Home’ screen to find BBC America on Roku.
- Press the ‘OK’ button on the Roku remote after you highlight the BBC America app Roku. Add the channel to the ‘Home’ screen by selecting the “Add Channel” option and then launch it.
- With your participating cable TV provider credentials, sign in to the BBC America Roku You can also substitute this login credential with your skinny bundle subscription’s account information.
- Subsequently, an activation code corresponding to the BBCAmerica/activate channel will display on your TV screen.
- And then, you have to execute the BBCAmerica/activate procedure to activate the channel on Roku.
- When you visit the website bbcamerica.com/activate from a device such as a smart phone, enter the activation code.
- Tapping on the ‘Submit’ option, enter to account credentials once again on the website. BBC America Roku app will, without any further intervention refresh on your streaming player.
Cord Cutters Corner: Skinny Bundles that offer BBC America
- Fubo TV
- PlayStation Vue
- YouTube TV
- Sling TV
- DirecTV Now
Additionally, you can also watch the previous seasons of some of the shows on an Amazon Prime subscription. Complete the BBCAmerica/activate procedure today to stream BBC’s shows on Roku.