Activate or Link your Roku Device Using the Activation Code
Streaming content online can be real fun as you have a wide variety to choose from. When you purchase a Roku device, you not only bring home a streaming device, but also a huge database of entertainment. However, the most important thing to do before you begin streaming is activation. All Roku devices will have to go through the activation process to be able to play content. And this process involves an account and an activation code. With these in possession, you can learn how to activate or link your Roku device.
How should you use the activation code?
The account creation is the first step in the activation process. Every device from Roku must be associated with an account.
Creating a new account
To create your account you must go through each of these steps sequentially.
- Go to Roku com link website and navigate to the account sign up page
- You must be 18 years or older to register for a Roku account (you will be asked to enter your name, a valid email ID and a unique password)
- The second page will require you to key in your payment information
After creating the Roku account, you can add any number of Roku channels to it and manage all your Roku devices under one account. If you face trouble in creating the account, call us now on +1-866-991-0140.
Activating the streaming player
You must, however, activate the device first before adding channels to it. The activation involves the following steps.
- Make sure that the Roku player and the TV are both turned on
- The Roku device must be connected to a high-speed internet connection (to stream videos faster)
- Wait till the device either downloads or updates the necessary software and firmware
- After which your TV screen will show an activation code
- Login to account on your phone, PC or tablet
- You will find an option that reads “LINK A DEVICE” which you must use for entering the activation code
- Submit the code and wait to see if your device’s serial number appears on the My Devices list
- If not, you may have to repeat the process either with the same code or a new one
- Use the help menu on your TV to obtain a new Roku activation code
You should have now successfully completed the setup and activation of your Roku device. If you face any hurdles in doing so, then you can retry by switching off all concerned devices and rebooting to begin the process. We are here 24/7 to help you out with any Roku related concern on our toll-free number +1-866-991-0140. Our website Roku.com/link will provide assistance for users in activation and in troubleshooting other Roku issues.