Roku Account Setup
The setup procedure for the entire range of Roku device is more or less the same. You need to activate your Roku device and link the Roku device to your Roku Account Setup.
Roku account is a must when you add a channel to your device. The Roku account keeps track of all the subscriptions, purchases you make and also the details about the devices that are linked to that Roku account. To know more about how-to-setup-your-Roku-account, continue reading below.
Note: You can create a Roku account for free!
It will keep track of the subscriptions expiry date and notify you in prior. In case you have set a reminder to watch a favorite movie when it’s streaming, you can stay updated with the Roku account. It will send a reminder prior to the movie streaming on the news feed.
Is it a must to have a Roku account?
Yes. You should have a Roku account to activate your Roku device and to add channels. To have a Roku account, you should have a valid email address. You can receive important notifications on this email address. Secure your Roku account with a strong password.
So, before you start streaming the channels for example channels like Hulu, the Roku channel, HBO NOW or any channel, you should add the channel to your Roku device. You should download and install the channel. To do that, you must first link your Roku device to a Roku account. Without having a Roku account, you cannot add or stream a channel.
How to create a Roku account:
To activate a Roku device and enjoy all that streaming, you need to have a Roku account. Create a Roku account with the following steps to complete Roku Account Setup.
- Visit the Roku sign in page for Roku Account Setup
- Click on Create an account option from the page.
- You will get the signup form.
- Complete the form filling in the required details.
- Your name, email address is a must.
- Provide a password to secure your account.
- Put a check and Confirm that you are 18 years or more.
- You can choose to receive email the product tips, latest releases and other product related details ( this is optional though)
- Confirm that you are not a Robot.
- Click on Continue to navigate to the next page.
After you click on continue you will be directed to the payment information page.
Providing Payment details:
When you create a Roku account for Roku Account Setup, you will provide the payment details. Though creating a Roku account is free of cost, you can use the payment details you have provided to purchase a channel or pay a subscription. The card details you provide with the Roku account, you can use the same payment details for any Roku device you have linked with the same account.
If you have more than one Roku device, you can link any number of devices to one Roku account. You can change the payment details provide any time. This will not make any changes to the Roku account.
- Provide details of your credit card here.
- Mention the card number, card expires and other details.
- Remember, Roku will not charge you for account creation.
- After you provide the details click on continue to complete the account creation.
- You can now activate your Roku device with the Roku account you have created.