How to Stream Twitch TV using the Twitched App on Roku | Twitch.TV/Activate
You can watch Twitched on the Roku streaming players by making use of an access code and perform twitch.tv/activate.
Twitch TV, the popular online live streaming platform for gamers is where you can watch e-sports, music and other contents live. Twitch TV transitioned from Justin.tv, a website where people could broadcast their videos to other users. However, the gaming streams took over the other content and Twitch TV’s popularity grew exponentially. A brainchild of Twitch Interactive, which is subsequently a subsidiary of Amazon, Twitch TV was previously available on Roku. Due to some altercations, Twitch.TV/activate was taken away from the Roku players by Amazon. But to facilitate the online gaming community’s needs, Frozen Iron Software developed an unofficial Twitch TV app for Roku, named Twitched.
How to Activate twitch.tv/activate on the Roku streaming device
- To install the Twitched app on the Roku streaming device, you’d have to follow the forthcoming steps. Twitched is a private channel, so you cannot install it using the commonly used method.
- Making use of a device such as a smart phone, laptop, PC, or tablet, open a browser and key in my.roku.com in the URL.
- Using your Roku account credentials, sign in to the website and tap on the ‘Manage Account’ option.
- Then, search for the option saying ‘Add channel with a code‘ and then type in the code ‘twitch.tv’ this is the unique access code that you should use to add the Twitch TV to your Roku feed.
- Once you key in the Twitched channel access code into the field, tap on the ‘Add Channel‘ option.
- When you see a warning message letting you know that it is an unofficial channel, accept it.
- Twitched may not be available on your Roku feed as of yet and you’ll see the channel only when Roku updates your feed. This will happen when Roku checks for the new channels you add from the website every 24-36 hours.
- When you spot Twitched on your Roku feed after some time, select it to get the activation code.
- Usually, you will enter the Twitch TV’s activation code on the twitch.tv/activate website. But, this is the unofficial Twitch client, Twitched and so you’ve to visit twitched.org website.
- Tap on the option that says ‘Link’ and on the following webpage, enter the code into the field. Finally, hit ‘Submit’ to complete the twitch.tv/activate process and stream games live on your Roku.
Types of Twitched on Roku
- Twitched Zero is the free version of the unofficial app in which you’ll see ads before live streams.
- Twitched’s premium version does not play the ads and would cost you a measly $0.99 to use the Twitched Roku app.
- The options on the Twitched Roku interface include Popular, Games, Creative, Communities, Followed, Search and Settings.
Games that have the highest number of live hours on Twitch TV
- Apex Legends
- League of Legends
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
- Dota 2
- Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds
- World of Warcraft
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
- Just Chatting
- Over watch
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- FIFA 19
In twitch on Roku, the game Apex Legends currently has over one hundred million viewer hours and is the most watched stream.